4.14.2016

March Stitch Fix Order

Yay for new cute and comfy clothes!!

So I know I just shared a Stitch Fix post somewhat recently, but I'm working on some yummy things that aren't quite perfected yet. I'll make you wait another week for that, today is about the clothes!



If you remember my last post, I was pretty disappointed in my order. I didn't feel like it was remotely tailored to me, and I felt the clothes were not at all my style. But, I decided to give Stitch Fix another chance and see what they could come up with. I'm happy to say that I was a lot more pleased with this fix than I was a month and a half ago!

Clearly Nicole (my stylist) and I were speaking the same language, because the theme of this fix was definitely COMFY! All the pieces (besides the blazer) were made of soft, stretchy material that you just feel great in. So I'm going to try and refrain from using the word comfy too much, but when I just looked up synonyms for the word 'comfy' one that came up was 'snug as a bug in a rug.' Yea.... I'm not going to say that instead..


Look by M Prescott Fringe Edge Scarf- $32- Kept
This scarf was very thick and warm, and a beautiful cream color. I could see myself wearing this on colder days, but also as a more casual piece when the weather is in transition. The soft material was also too good to pass up!


Mavi Gold Freida Skinny Jean- $128- Kept
Y'all, these jeans! Oh my, these jeans! I absolutely love them. I've worn them so much, and I've just gotten them! They fit me like a glove, are the perfect length (and I'm ALLLL legs), and are, again, sooo soft! I normally would never spend this much on jeans, but I literally couldn't say no to them. I've never heard of this brand, but they will be my new go-to for future jean purchases.



Loveappella Lorina Bow Back Knit Top- $54- Returned
This top was the item that I was the least satisfied with. While it was a comfortable shirt, it was (1) too big on me and (2) sooooo far away from my style. I'm not a bows person AT ALL, so having two giant ones on the back of the shirt had me screaming "NOO!" Needless to say, this one was not a keeper for me.


Market & Spruce Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee- $44- Returned
Unlike the other top, this shirt was sooo up my alley. It was simple, soft (I know you're tired of hearing it but it's true!), and something that could transition from casual to dressier with a few accessories. It was however, a little expensive for a simple tee, and while I loved everything about it, I decided I could find something very similar for much cheaper somewhere else (I'm looking at you, Target).



Harlyn Ronneby Blazer- $88- Returned
Prior to this Stitch being styled, I had requested a fun, colored blazer. I love wearing blazers to dress up a cute outfit, and my favorite one is in rotation a little too much. In my head, I had imagined a bright blue, or a fun reddish one. Instead, I got this baby blue, lightly polka-dotted blazer. It's obvious I needed to be a little more specific, but since the vision was so clear in my head, I didn't even think to describe it too much (duh, Renee, come on). Overall, the blazer fit well enough, but was just far too preppy for my style, and I couldn't even figure out what I should wear it with.


Overall, I felt that this Stitch was a better blend of things I enjoyed, and things that brought me out of my comfort zone than my previous one. I have decided to keep my subscription, though I did push out my next date into the beginning of June. Until then, I will build up my Pinterest board even more and remember to be VERY descriptive if I'm looking for something specific.

Have you had a poor Stitch Fix experience bounce back? Or did you just cancel after the poor selection?

No comments:

Post a Comment